From all of us at Carrier Academy of Learning, we wish you a happy holiday season! Although 2020 has been unprecedented, it’s the time of year to be thankful for all we have. While you celebrate the holidays under the current COVID-19 restrictions, keep these tips in mind for health and safety.
Safe Holiday Gatherings
Per the CDC, gathering with people who live outside your house can increase the chances of contracting or spreading COVID-19. If you will be getting together with family and friends for the holiday, consider the following modifications:
- If COVID-19 infection rates are high in your area, go virtual or propose a future date.
- To keep six feet distance between guests, limit the number of attendees.
- If it’s too cold to gather outside, increase indoor ventilation by opening windows and doors or placing central heating on continuous circulation.
- Ask attendees to wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Have hand sanitizer available and place single use towels in the bathroom.
- Between use, clean and disinfect shared items (i.e. serving utensils) and other commonly touched surfaces.
How to Celebrate Virtually
Technology allows us to interact with others face-to-face, even when miles apart! To help the kids enjoy a virtual celebration this year, consider these fun holiday party ideas:
- Bake and decorate cookies
- Have a gingerbread house contest
- Host a virtual movie night
- Craft your own Christmas ornaments
- Sing Christmas carols
- Read Christmas storybooks
- Play holiday-themed games
- Open gifts together
This holiday season may be different from years past but that doesn’t mean families and friends can’t have fun together! If you have additional ideas for safe holiday activities, share them on our Carrier Academy of Learning Facebook page.